Do you want to start training for your dream career, but you’re in need of financial assistance? AAPS is proud to offer a number of options for financial assistance, including OSAP, Government Loans and Grants for re-training, 2nd Career, scholarships, bursaries and more for those who qualify.
We are just a phone call away, so don’t hesitate to call us for more details.
OSAP & GOVERNMENT STUDENT LOANS
OSAP and various other government loans, bursaries and scholarships may be available to qualified students. OSAP is the Ontario Student Assistance Program, a program run by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU). OSAP provides qualified Ontario students with financial aid to help pay the costs of tuition, books, living costs and transportation.
OSAP helps to provide students with the opportunity to pursue a post-secondary education in Ontario. By providing financial support for educational costs and basic living expenses to students who do not have the resources to meet these costs, OSAP helps to give less fortunate students a chance to pursue education.
Government based assistance that maybe available to you include:
- Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
- Canada-Ontario Integrated Student Loan Canada
- Study Grant for Students with Dependants
- Ontario Student Opportunity Grant
- Canada Access Grant for Students with Permanent Disabilities
Here at AAPS we can help you to understand the process of applying for OSAP better, and we’ll strive to make the application process easier for you.
If you are interested to find out more about OSAP please call us to arrange for a free financial consultation.
SKILLS DEVELOPMENT AND SECOND CAREER
The Ontario Government offers two different types of funding for retraining – Second Career and Ontario Skills Development.
Second Career Strategy
Second Career is an Ontario government program created to help people who have:
- Been laid off at any point after January 1, 2005 and are currently unemployed or working less than 20 hours a week.
- Taken an interim job to make ends meet after their initial layoff whether you are now unemployed or still working in such a job.
- In addition, non-EI-eligible clients are eligible for Second Career support to take training less than 6 months in length.
The program is designed help unemployed workers who commit to a long-term training plan make the transition to new careers in growing areas of the economy.
Second Career assistance can help an applicant with the costs of tuition, books, living expenses and other costs associated with training for up to $28,000.
In some cases, Second Career can provide additional funding for things such as disability accommodation, dependent care, relocation expenses, and academic upgrading.
Ontario Skills Development
The Ontario Skills Development program provides support to people who are unemployed or have recently been eligible for Employment Insurance and need marketable skills in order to properly re-enter the labour market.
The program provides financial assistance to help people with some of the costs associated with the training, such as tuition and books.
Unemployed job seekers can apply:
- If they established a claim for Employment Insurance benefits or their Employment Insurance benefit period ended within the past three years.
- If they established a claim for Employment Insurance maternity or parental benefits and were paid benefits within the past five years, and are re-entering the labour force after having left it to care for newborn or newly adopted children.
- Other criteria may apply.
AAPS Bursaries and Scholarships
There are number of bursaries and scholarships that are available specifically to the AAPS students. The eligibility for these bursaries and scholarships are determined once the student is successfully enrolled in one of the AAPS programs. Our experienced Financial Aid officers can help you in taking advantages of these financial aids.
A number of financial institutions provide AAPS students with student line of credit or student loans. Please contact us to help you navigate your way through the process.
Instalments and Payment Options
Here at AAPS we want to make your dream a reality, and as such we are prepared to work with our students who are in financial need and help to develop instalment and payment plans that are affordable and manageable for our students. We want you to get the most you can out of our training, so we are here to help!